Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vacations

make me happy.

The kid and I met up with my mom and my sister for
a girl only vacation in California.

I, um, made use of the barf bag on the way here.



No, I'm only joking.

L.A.


We went to Ripley's. Believe it or not.
Here's how to make your own shrunken head:


Maybe it's because I'm working on a photo mosaic, but I
thought this was really neat:

It's made out of toast.



I will have to write about the best part tomorrow. I'm
having trouble getting the picture loaded.

BTW, it's remarkable how much traveling has changed. Remember
when you could go to any gate at the airport even if you weren't
getting on a plane? And I don't remember what security used to
be like, if there even was any. Today I got the full pat down.
She started at the top of my head and went all the way down
to my toes. I feel so used! She also throughly inspected my chair
and swabbed it.

We didn't have to figure out in advance where to meet up with my
mom and sister once we landed. We just needed to call each
other on our cell phones. When we were outside in the pick-up
area, I had to laugh because I'd say 9 out of 10 people were on
cell phones.

So then we get in the rental car and instead of studying
a map, we just punch in the address on the GPS and it
tells us exactly where to go as we're driving. So cool!

I remember back when we had to take photographs through-
out the vacation and then wait for them to get developed
after returning home. Today, I got to see my pictures
immediately, and now here I am this evening sharing them
on the internet.

Remarkable.

No comments: