Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I finally did it!

And I'm so excited.

I know what it's like to be a child with a life-
changing injury. I know what it's like to be
hospitalized for months at only 8 years old.
When I was injured, my mom was injured
as well. I was transferred to a children's
hospital 2 hours away from where my mom was
hospitalized. It's hard. It's scary. Bad things
that hurt mentally and physically happen. One thing
that helped me get through those times was volunteers
who came to spend time with me. Throughout the
majority of my adult years, I've wanted to return
to a Children's Hospital, volunteer some time, and
hopefully brighten a child's day. I've put it off
for a long time for various reasons, but today, I
did it! I've filled out my application and now
I wait to hear from them. It feels good.

No comments: